Bangladesh University (BU) is a non-profitable, non-political private university pioneering in Computer based modern education. It has been accredited by the Government of the peoples Republic of Bangladesh and its Curricula and Academic Programs have been approved by the University Grants Commission of Bangladesh. The President of Bangladesh is the Chancellor of Bangladesh University. It was established under the Private University Act, 1992 and approved by the Government of Bangladesh for awarding Degrees in various disciplines. The University is committed to excellence and innovation in pursing applied knowledge through research and creative activities with the objectives of producing world class professionals responsive to the national and international modern requirements for employment, management and research.
Bangladesh University is one of the leading private universities in our country. It was founded by renowned scholar late Quazi Azher Ali. Bangladesh University has successfully established a precise learning process and effective teaching record and hence has been accredited by the Government of Peoples Republic of Bangladesh.
The location of the University is at the heart of the city with a well-connected communication system as well as security and infrastructural logistics are of exceptionally high standards and the teaching methodology is update regularly to reflect quality education of world standards.
BANGLADESH UNIVERSITY (BU) envisions promoting professionals and excellent leadership catering to the technological progress and development needs of the country.
BANGLADESH UNIVERSITY (BU) is committed to provide quality and excellent computer-based academic programs responsive to the emerging challenges of the time. It is dedicated to nurture and produce competent world class professional imbued with strong sense of ethical values ready to face the competitive world of arts, business, science, and engineering.
• Sustain development and progress of the university.
• Continue to upgrade educational services and facilities responsive of the demands for change and needs of the society.
• Inculcate professional culture among management, faculty and personnel in the attainment of the institution's vision, mission and goals.
• Enhance research consciousness in discovering new dimensions for curriculum development and enrichment.
• Implement meaningful and relevant community outreach programs reflective of the available resources and expertise of the university.
• Establish strong networking of programs, sharing of resources and expertise with local and international educational institutions and organizations.
Accelerate the participation of alumni, students and professionals in the implementation of educational programs and development of projects designed to expand and improve global academic standards.
DEGREES OFFERED AT PRESENT
BU currently operates under three distinct Faculties:
• Faculty of Arts and Social Science
• Faculty of Business Administration
• Faculty of Science and Engineering
Faculty of Arts and Social Science
• Bachelors of Arts English
• Bachelors of Social Science in Economics
• Bachelors of Social Science in Sociology
• Bachelors of Science in Mathematics
• Bachelors of Science in Pharmacy
• Bachelors of Education
• Master of Arts in English (Preli. & Final)
Faculty of Business Administration
Undergraduate Programs :
• Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
• Bachelor of Laws
• Master of Business Administration (MBA)
• Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA)
• Master of Laws
Faculty of Science & Engineering
• Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE)
• Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Architecture (B. Arch)
• Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
• Master of Computer Science &Application
The academic supervision and control of the University is the responsibility of the Vice Chancellor. The Vice Chancellor is assisted by the Academic Council and an Advisory Committee of which the Vice Chancellor is the Chairperson. All matters concerning admission, candidacy and comprehensive examinations or modifications of programs, academic issues and concerns are submitted in writing to the Office of the Vice Chancellor for approval. Decisions of the Vice Chancellor are final.
The Office of the Vice Chancellor is located at Administration Building. The office is open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday through Thursday.
Address of the Vice Chancellor’s Office
Prof. Dr. Md. Golam Ali Fakir
15/1, Iqbal Road, Mohammadpur,
Dhaka 1207, Bangladesh
Tel: +8802-8117951, 913606, 01744-291258